Monday, June 18, 2007

Beggars (Part 2)

It is inevitable. We get the whisper from some poor hobo. He needs gold and is too lazy to "work" for it. We smile.

us: sure

hobo: im right next to you

(he opens the trade window)

hobo: still there?

us: yeah, i'm trying to initiate a trade

hobo: its already up

us: i don't see it

hobo: thas wierd

us: cancel and let me try

us: do you see it?

hobo: nope

us: i think it is bugged, im gonna /refreshui, you should too

hobo: what is that?

us: it reloads the user interface. I've had problems trading since the last patch

hobo: what is the command?

us: um, the hot key is alt+f4

(alt + f4 is a windows hot key. it instantly closes the current application without warning)

hobo (a few minutes later): just closed wow when i did that, waited a little while and just restarted, very anoying

us: the only thing more annoying is beggars

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you're a hunter, then why don't you just do the misdirection trick?

simple steps:
1) invite beggar
2) misdirect
3) go at war with BG emissary out at the time.
4) let loose an aimed shot

Anonymous said...

I must not hang out in town often enough, or perhaps I play on the wrong servers. (Steamwheedle Cartel, Kirin Tor, Farstriders, all RP servers) I've been playing for a year and a half and have only been begged for money twice. About once a week or so I do get random requests for groups, either from lowbies looking for a run-through, or from higher levels looking for a healer if I'm on my shammy. If they are polite, I'll consider their request, otherwise I just /ignore.

Big Red Boar said...

apolonal,

Our only fear with your trick is that blizz might patch it.

+1 BRB cool point.

Big Red Boar said...

goeben,

Perhaps your character looks poor? We usually receive one every time we are making the rounds from the Mailbox\bank\AH.

Sometimes we will oblige requests from lowbies for runs. If there are any shenanigans (battle looting, fighting over loot, going nuts because the high level can take on 28 mobs at a time) we thank them for their time and hearth.

Anonymous said...

I tend to use the Bank and Mailbox in Shattrath mostly, and only go to Azeroth for the AH. Unless I'm planning to go someplace other than back to Outland, I usually use the TB AH (both my high level toons are Tauren). The AH in TB is close to the Bank, vendors, and forge, and is closer to the trainers than the AH in Org. And apparently has many fewer noobs to boot.

Anonymous said...

...Oh, and I don't even consider UC because there is no Hunter or Shammy trainer. But the handy layout of TB is the biggest factor in my mind.

Anonymous said...

I don't think that blizz would patch it... Thing is, is that it's merely using game mechanics to get revenge on someone. There's really nothing that blizz could do, apart from not allowing MD to work in cities...

Everything about that trick is legitimate.